There are many ways you can help support our services through running great fundraising events. Here are a few ideas:
- Abstinence - stop drinking or smoking for a month and ask all those that don't think you'll achieve it to sponsor you
- Auction - organise an auction of goods or people who will offer to do something i.e. cut the grass, clean the car etc.
- Afternoon Tea - enjoy an afternoon tea party and raise funds for us
- Bake Off - get baking and sell slices at work or to neighbours
- BBQ - everyone loves a BBQ and if you charge an entrance fee this can be donated
- Bike rides - how about organising a sponsored bike ride
- Burns night - always a favourite especially in January; don't forget the haggis
- Coffee Morning - invite friends to have coffee and cake for a small donation
- Concerts - organise an event for local musicians or talented friends, cover theire expenses and any profits can be donated
- Fancy dress competitions - dress down at work or organise everyone to wear a colour - purple for dementia support
- Fun runs - organise a run from one place to another and get sponsored
- Meals out - lot's of local restaurants have charity evenings where they have a set fee and then they donate to our charity
- Quiz night - this could be a one of or regular. Don't forget that we can host quizzes in the coffee grind and serve refreshments
- Swimathon - just like a fun run but in water - this can be done all year round
- Treasure Hunt - organise a treasure hunt leading people from one location to another
- Wine tasting - get everyone to pay an entrance fee, provide cheese and french bread and then open those bottles
- Xmas card donation - instead of sending Christmas Cards donate the money you would have spent and tell everyone what you've done
Payroll Giving is a flexible way of donating on a regular basis through your wages.
As money is before tax for every £1 donated it only costs basic tax payers 80p and higher rate tax payers 60p.
Employers can collect donations through payroll and send them to a payroll giving agency (click here for a list).